Tommy Cooper Tribute act.
Why is Clive the No1 tribute to the late, great Tommy Cooper?
- When the Tommy Cooper Society held a special birthday party in memory of Tommy, for his family including his daughter Vicky, Clive was chosen to do the tribute show for them all.
- Clive was the only magician allowed to perform magic for their patron, Sir Anthony Hopkins, at the unveiling of the 9-foot bronze statue of Tommy by the TC Society in Caerphilly.
- Tom’s wife, Dove, gave Clive Tommy's last fez for good luck with his show along with many other original props.
- Clive was flown to Ireland to perform his Tommy Cooper tribute show and close up magic for Her Majesty the Queen’s special birthday celebrations.
- Clive has met Prince Philip a few times over the years, last time at StJames Palace (regimental reunion) where he boasted to Clive that he himself had helped Tommy a few times with his tricks and was so pleased Clive was keeping Tom’s memory alive.
- When English Heritage unveiled the blue plaque on Tom’s house in Chiswick, Clive was called to celebrate and perform for the crowd outside for the occasion in true TC style along with Greg Dyke who conducted the ceremony.
- Clive appeared in the Mr Ripleys Amazing peoples book 2017 for being the worlds fastest blindfolded magician, Random House then asked him to star in their summer stage show Just Like That.
- Clive, just like Tom, is 6ft.3inc. a member of the world-famous London Magic Circle, So he's able to give you a peek of what Tom could really do behind the scenes with a pack of cards!
- Mary Kay, Tom’s personal assistant for 17 years, told Clive that when she watched his tribute show it was "just like watching Tommy”.
- Tommy and Dove owned a cottage in Eastbourne - One of there local pubs - The lamb still have customers that remember Tom drinking there - Clive has put on seven shows there over the years in the Lambs function room - For real hardcore Tommy fans, one show went on for over 3hours The local reporter said: "This is too long for a show but I don't know which bit I would have cut".
- Clive owns the largest collection of TC memorabilia in the world!
Bringing the spirit of Tom into the room is not simply about donning a Fez and mimicking his voice as many comedians do (my favourite TC impersonator is Sir Lenny Henry CBE). It is being a member of the London Magic Circle, an ex-soldier as was Tom (cavalry) in the British Army, Clive is the current Guinness World Record holder for quick-fire comedy (one Liners) and has been for the last six years running, plus that touch of something special to make his audiences feel magical.
- Please click on the videos just below to see the action
"I have booked Clive many times over the years, he always adds so much to an event I loved the way he had specially printed playing cards for the promotion of our beers " Mark Woodhouse -Hall & Woodhouse brewery